2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

If he had not dropped out, Ricciardo would never have been able to get into the points because he had to go back in for new tires, while everyone else had already gone in and then he would have ended up at the back.
Let's hope Miami will be much better for the two RB's.

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

That is a bit misleading about Yuki matching Dan as from lap 1-9 Ricciardo was stuck behind Gasly with Yuki behind Dan. After that Yuki pitted for new medium tyres. Yet Dan was .5 quicker than Yuki on lap 14 with 13 lap old mediums compared to Yukis 5 lap old mediums. Lap 16 Ricciardo on 2 lap old mediums pulls a 1.6 sec lap quicker than Yuki on 8 lap old mediums. Lap 18 1.3 secs quicker than Yuki. Lap 19 Dan 1.1 sec quicker and now in DRS. He then passes Yuki on lap 20 and then pulls a 1.6 gap on Yuki and is within DRS .2 of a sec behind Lewis by the time the VSC comes out for Bottas on lap 21.

All this is clear on the live timing. Dan was rapid as he mentioned and quicker than Yuki.

continuum16

Wouter wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 12:14
If he had not dropped out, Ricciardo would never have been able to get into the points because he had to go back in for new tires, while everyone else had already gone in and then he would have ended up at the back.
Let's hope Miami will be much better for the two RB's.
Honestly, I think in some way the Stroll incident masked what was a definite strategic blunder by the team. Even without damage, I would guess that Hulk and probably Ocon and Albon would have gotten past Ricciardo in the laps after the SC. If the race had played out clean for both cars following the SC (even without damage) I think we would be looking at a repeat of Bahrain, where the lead driver on the weekend gets beaten by the other due to poor strategy.

They've struggled with strategy for years; I remember Gasly at Monaco '22 when he should have easily been in Q2 or Q3 but they messed up the tire strategy. Sadly, they have a bit of a history with this. At least they can't really do worse than P7 in the standings given Williams has only one car, and the other two teams below Haas produce a comedy of errors each weekend. And I doubt Haas will out-develop them.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

runningmanz
runningmanz

Good to hear from Mekies saying they are working with Dan to continue to make the car better suited to him as the trajectory in performance over the last few races particularly China is positive. This reminds me of Renault 2020 in some ways where it all just clicked after acting on his input improving the front end of the car.

https://formularapida.net/en/ricciardo- ... f1-season/

Then he was outdriving that car and pulling in some great results which earned him 4th best driver vote from the TPs in a car nowhere near the best car of that season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... C3MrzeFNa3

"Mekies, however, has made it clear there are no plans to replace Ricciardo, and instead, the team is doing all it can to ensure the issues felt by the 34-year-old are swiftly eradicated."

"It's positive that Daniel could produce that strong drive," said Mekies, speaking to RacingNews365.

"We have been saying for quite a few races that he was more and more comfortable with the car, and it proved to be the case [in China]. I'm sure it's not the last step forward that we will make with him."

Mekies has now stated the new chassis will be followed by other 'box-ticking' components designed to help Ricciardo again find his comfort zone.

"We'll look at the data with him to see what role he played in it, and as he said, it will need to be assessed over a number of races to understand the influence.

"What is important is that we are nailing a bit more, weekend after weekend, what we need to give him to make him able to push at 100 per cent."

"It is clear that Daniel was uncomfortable with some of the characteristics of the car since the very beginning," said Mekies. "Some of it we are trying to address in the short term, some of it we are going to address a bit later in the season.

https://racingnews365.com/rb-to-carry-o ... the-season

ispano6

Yuki's natural abilities have really blossomed, In F2, once he started to understand the tires, he began fighting at the front of the field. Seems that Yuki has a natural feel for the car where RB are still trying to get Ricciardo comfortable.

It's clear there is no driver favoritism, if anything they are pampering Ricciardo.

Mekies admitted it was wrong to put Yuki on hards in FP1 as that gave him zero chance to get comfortable for the weekend. The car set up was crap and didn't get dialled, though poor Yuki thought he got the best out of his runs, and considering it was his first weekend there he certainly didn't have his ass handed to him like some folks here think.

Wouter

RB Formula 1 boss Laurent Mekies has revealed that the team will introduce upgrades at the Miami Grand Prix as it strives to remain ahead of Haas in the standings.

“We’ll have an update in Miami to help us try to keep surfing on the top of that very edge,” Mekies told Autosport.

“There is nothing guaranteed in this group. I’m sure our competitors will bring updates as well and only if you nail the weekend will you get to that P10.”

Yuki Tsunoda achieving three consecutive Q3 appearances and back-to-back points – including seventh in Australia – had heightened claims RB is the sixth-best team.

However, Mekies has denied that the Italian outfit ever considered that and has noted how the close fight at the bottom has inspired the operation to chase perfection.

“We have never been confident that we have the quickest car of the five [teams at the back],” Mekies addressed.

“We got it there by half a tenth in Australia, half a tenth in Japan and we missed it by a 10th and a half in China.

“In the race, we were probably equal, or if not half a tenth ahead. So we have never had any confidence. It’s a battle every time.

“But it’s a fantastic exercise for everyone. It’s superb training for the team to execute sharp weekends, and you need a strong race from every perspective.

“It’s only by doing that you will get a point. As soon as one of these elements, be it tyre management, strategy, or anything, falls off the cliff, you will give up that point.”
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Team Miami preview. Permane mentions aero upgrades for the weekend. Hopefully a nice boost in performance.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-m ... -prixview/

bigblue

bigblue wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 01:11
btw, what have they done to Yuki! Some very considered and calm (and conventional!) remarks after the race. Feels wrong! [...] but everyone's insisting he must be calm at all times. They better not also stop him from giving out good food tips :-)
will be to try and score points in both races, with the emphasis on Sunday’s main event. I always like trying local food at the races so I’m again looking forward to eating the Miami specialty; the stone crab – the bigger the better!”

Phew!

FW17

Lovely livery (with exception of dark blue on the air box)
ImageImage

dialtone
dialtone

FW17 wrote:Lovely livery (with exception of dark blue on the air box)
ImageImage
Beauty. I wish Ferrari took note.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
02 May 2024, 03:43
Lovely livery (with exception of dark blue on the air box)
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... yimage.jpg https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 2024-b.jpg
Unveiling Visa Cash App RB’s new Miami livery, Peter Bayer, CEO, Visa Cash App RB Team said: “Visa Cash App RB’s Chameleon Card livery is the perfect colour scheme for our first race in the US. Since the team’s Las Vegas launch in February, we’ve taken some big steps forward, and we’re bringing fans on an exciting new journey. That desire to progress and connect is shared with Visa and Cash App who are bringing people together in the sport through experiences that are unlike anything else out there. This incredible livery and the events surrounding its launch here in Miami demonstrate their commitment to the team and F1, and we can’t wait to see the Chameleon VCARB 01 in action this weekend.”
https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-m ... eleon-car/
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

Tie in with Cashapp metal cards

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

This livery is pretty!

F1doc
F1doc

dialtone wrote:
02 May 2024, 04:26
FW17 wrote:Lovely livery (with exception of dark blue on the air box)
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... yimage.jpg https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 2024-b.jpg
Beauty. I wish Ferrari took note.
Agreed that the Ferrari "blue' livery was underwhelming.

IMO this RB chameleon looks is better than the launch/usual livery. It's refreshing to see colour on the current grid with all that unfinished carbon fibre.