2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wiktor977
wiktor977

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Alex_Z wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:32
Newey to AMR isn't happening, I wouldn't get your hopes up. RBR, Ferrari and Merc failing to offer Alonso a seat for 2026 was enough of a blow already :D
What? He had other offers but he has choosen AM because it was multiple-year offer plus you have Honda coming in 2026, it was the best option for Fernando.

krich
krich

Im confident Newey wants to work alongside Alonso and Honda again

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Venturiation wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:22
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:00
Newey left Williams because he wanted some say in drivers and all aspects of the team. Horner and Red Bull gave him that. Stroll Senior has the power to grant Newey this. Ferrari does not. Newey would be the one thing that would convince Stroll Sr. to give up on Lance's F1 ambitions.
Stroll said everything he does in F1 is for his son to win
His son will never be replaced as long as stroll owns the team
That's what Lawrence says. But will he really turn down the opportunity to sign Newey ? I don't think so. Winning titles for Aston Martin would be game changing for the Aston brand. Which is not in self sustaining financial shape currently. And he would have a realistic chance of being a title winner

GoranF1
GoranF1

I wonder if Alonso will change his mini about this being his last F1 contract now that Newey has joined.....
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Emag
Emag

GoranF1 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 21:29
I wonder if Alonso will change his mini about this being his last F1 contract now that Newey has joined.....
We joke about it, but at some point age will catch up to him. He may not want to, but he might be forced to step down. It's the curse of the living. Body withers away and senses will dwindle. The moment he starts feeling inferior, Fernando will step down.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Imo even if Newey joins Ferrari (which I see as most likely), it's a good thing for Fernando that he leaves. Firstly because it weakens the strongest rival and secondly because he might take time to work due to gardening, so there could be a margin where no one will benefit from Newey at the start of the regulations cycle, neither Red Bull nor Ferrari.

xReVo
xReVo

Right now all of us Alonso and Aston Martin fans have to hope for Adrian Newey to join Aston Martin (even if it's impossible). 1. In my opinion, the team Newey will join will probably win in 2026 and probably also in 2025. 2. This gardening story is worth nothing, today there are 10000000 ways to communicate even without being present and therefore give your ideas, of consequence will be decisive. 3. Many say that Newey's dream was to work with Hamilton and Ferrari, but in reality he also stated that he wanted to work with Alonso. We wait and above all we hope guys, if he doesn't join us forget about any form of victory

Nikosar
Nikosar

Newey's contract runs until "at least the end of 2025" implies there are mechanisms in Newey's deal that could prevent him from working elsewhere for even longer - for example, if the end of 2025 is the earliest that a period of gardening leave would begin, that would mean he couldn't fully start work for another team until 2027.

unless they reach an friendly break-up agreement, which is highly unlikely.

xReVo
xReVo

Nikosar wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 00:25
Newey's contract runs until "at least the end of 2025" implies there are mechanisms in Newey's deal that could prevent him from working elsewhere for even longer - for example, if the end of 2025 is the earliest that a period of gardening leave would begin, that would mean he couldn't fully start work for another team until 2027.

unless they reach an friendly break-up agreement, which is highly unlikely.
Again with this story. But do you understand that in 2024 you can communicate in so many possible ways? Do you really think this gardening exists?

KimiRai
KimiRai

If you don't have an Adrian Newey or Rory Byrne, then probably the second best thing is someone like Bob Bell which Aston now have.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 22:41
Imo even if Newey joins Ferrari (which I see as most likely), it's a good thing for Fernando that he leaves. Firstly because it weakens the strongest rival and secondly because he might take time to work due to gardening, so there could be a margin where no one will benefit from Newey at the start of the regulations cycle, neither Red Bull nor Ferrari.
Has anyone wondered how long his gardening leave would be? 2 years? RBR have been known to be very restrictive with contracts we no loop holes. So maybe 2027 ... He'd be 68...

Nobody find it strange that he announced he's leaving but not where he's going? So maybe BS or maybe retirement?

f1universe
f1universe

I don't think Alonso will be this lucky, and even if Newey joins AM, I doubt Alonso will benefit from it. This will be a move for the post-Alonso era. Kinda feel like Newey will retire or go to Ferrari, Hamilton is that lucky but we will see.

Jambier

I don’t believe it to be honest I think Newey will probably retire.

Ferrari might be a very different challenge, country, so why not but I don’t really buy it as well.

This man is the legend of F1, he is 65 now, he can retire

-wkst-
-wkst-

What speaks for AMR:
- best money offer
- totally freedom
- only some minutes away from current work

Andres125sx

Rikrikrik wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 16:27
SSJ4 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 15:59
I mean on a technicality it is quicker. Unfortunately it’s only over 1 lap pace

Also
Unfortunetly. If is real, is certanly will come to Ferrari and not AM.
Based on what exactly? Newey said in the past he has no intention to move his family from UK :wink: