Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ralphster7
ralphster7

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Julius Seebach (Audi Person) -> Sauber COO
Lee Stevenson (Max Verstappen No1 Mechanic) -> Sauber Chief Mechanic.

mstar
mstar

mclaren_mircea wrote:
17 May 2024, 16:14
Mercedes’ chief aerodynamicist Gioacchino Vino has left the Brackley team with immediate effect according to PlanetF1.
Yer looks like Chino was fired. The failed Aero solutions from 2022 to now, under his team probably had Alison and Toto reevaluate if he can sort out the car under these regulations. Shame as Mike Elliot thought he was good.

ralphster7
ralphster7

Matteo Piraccini Head of Chassis Engineering Haas -> Operations Director VCARB.

ScottR267
ScottR267

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/275398/r ... lpine.html

Michael Broadhurst left Red Bull and currently on gardening leave. Rumoured to be going to Alpine as an aerodynamicist

ralphster7
ralphster7

ScottR267 wrote:
18 May 2024, 22:30
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/275398/r ... lpine.html

Michael Broadhurst left Red Bull and currently on gardening leave. Rumoured to be going to Alpine as an aerodynamicist
Yeah Joe Saward confirmed it I think - Head of Aero Alpine.

lio007

We know what happened when a lead Aero engineer from RBR joined Enstone the last time.

organic

Pat Symonds -> Andretti

Big Tea

organic wrote:
21 May 2024, 18:09
Pat Symonds -> Andretti
There are those that decry him, but ~I believe hi is a very useful addition.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Reinis Vitols has left Mercedes as an aerodynamicist and joined Sauber, aero performance engineer

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

ScottR267 wrote:
28 May 2024, 01:08
Reinis Vitols has left Mercedes as an aerodynamicist and joined Sauber, aero performance engineer
I cant bear this anymore :cry: In the last 3 pages on this thread there are lots of departures at Mercedes and almost non existent arrivals. What on earth is happening? Apart from those 2 Ferrary guys that will come in October where are the other arrivales? We are seeing an exodus of engineers, and most of them to Williams, Aston, Ferrari. To everyone. And where are their replecemants? :oops: Im so angry on Totto. After all that top guys that went to Red Bull Power Trains now the aero engineers are leaving to.

FeelHeel
FeelHeel

Pat Symonds will add priceless experience and a certain gravitas.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man, but he was not a good man.
— Phil Hill

Zxeros
Zxeros

mclaren_mircea wrote:
30 May 2024, 15:36
ScottR267 wrote:
28 May 2024, 01:08
I cant bear this anymore :cry: In the last 3 pages on this thread there are lots of departures at Mercedes and almost non existent arrivals. What on earth is happening? Apart from those 2 Ferrary guys that will come in October where are the other arrivales? We are seeing an exodus of engineers, and most of them to Williams, Aston, Ferrari. To everyone. And where are their replecemants? :oops: Im so angry on Totto. After all that top guys that went to Red Bull Power Trains now the aero engineers are leaving to.
I'm the same, I would come to this thread hoping to see some staff incoming to Mercedes and instead it was always someone on the way out, Toto has allowed so much talent to leave over the years without replacing them.

DGP123
DGP123

Judging from what walks around Brackley, it looks like they had a serious recruitment drive of young, diverse graduates out of university. It’s all been promotion from within at Merc in the last few years.

I don’t see any big names will be joining, bar Resta. Work starts in less than 8 months on 26’, so there’s little chance of prizing away anyone decent from rivals now, and not facing gardening leave.

basti313
basti313

Well, you need to keep numbers in mind:
- Merc is not the main owner anymore, so Merc is not pumping money into the team like in the past.
- You need a factor 2-10 on the actual F1 relevant salary to spend from another pot like boating if you want the big names in aero...this is super costly well beyond the cost cap.
- Maybe it is the strategy of the future under cost cap to hire two engineers for salary X is 2*X=Y the salary of a more experienced aero engineer.

That more big names are leaving than coming at Merc or RedBull is normal. For Merc even more so.
Don`t russel the hamster!

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

DGP123 wrote:
31 May 2024, 09:29
Judging from what walks around Brackley, it looks like they had a serious recruitment drive of young, diverse graduates out of university. It’s all been promotion from within at Merc in the last few years.

I don’t see any big names will be joining, bar Resta. Work starts in less than 8 months on 26’, so there’s little chance of prizing away anyone decent from rivals now, and not facing gardening leave.
So we are finished. Imagine Ferrari with Newey and all that engineers that Vasseur got or even Mclaren with Prodromou and Rob Marshall and Mercedes with graduates. I dont want to say that those young engineers are not good but they have to make errors and mistakes to get experience. And Mercedes is not that place. We need to fight with Red Bull, Mclaren and Ferrari.