2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vettel165

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

What a race by Red Bull. Incredible by Max. The car looks on rails also in low-speed corners. A simply lovely sunday.

f1isgood
f1isgood

I wonder if they could have run a different strategy for Sergio to get that P2. Quite unfortunate he was stuck behind Leclerc. Overall Max was at his best as usual, Perez is still getting them podiums, and race operations are by far the class of the field. It's the dream team.

chrisc90

f1isgood wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:00
I wonder if they could have run a different strategy for Sergio to get that P2. Quite unfortunate he was stuck behind Leclerc. Overall Max was at his best as usual, Perez is still getting them podiums, and race operations are by far the class of the field. It's the dream team.
Seemed checo was on the same strategy as Max today, given the double stack before the SC.

Checo gets 95% out of the car, he needs to find that extra few %% and get to clear cars ahead quickly, exactly like Max does. Max knows theres a overtake and he makes it happen. Quickly. Checo doesnt seem to have the pace Max does. If he finds that extra %%, he will have no trouble getting 1-2's each race.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Perez finishing P3 was part bad luck and part skill gap, IMHO.
He burned up his H tyres during the post SC-fight with LeClerc, coudn't mount a challenge ; but he should have known better how to attack without burning them - ask Verstappen, LeClerc and Hamilton how they do (did) it.

This video that compares both their Q3 laps shows the difference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfp0CTIN3V0
Max is focussed on the exit of corners by sacrificing entry, he does that by unloading the car earlier in the middle of the corner, straightening the car earlier and thus allowing for quicker traction at the exit. Perez is exact opposite. While this may not buy much lap time difference, it makes a huge difference in terms of tyre life.

chrisc90

Max is the king of the tyres in this era. Dont think anyone really comes close, Charles or Lewis.

Sergej
Sergej

venkyhere wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:10

This video that compares both their Q3 laps shows the difference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfp0CTIN3V0
Max is focussed on the exit of corners by sacrificing entry, he does that by unloading the car earlier in the middle of the corner, straightening the car earlier and thus allowing for quicker traction at the exit. Perez is exact opposite. While this may not buy much lap time difference, it makes a huge difference in terms of tyre life.
I think this is the typical cornering style difference between a driver that prefers a more pointy car (Max) vs a driver that prefers a slightly more understeering car (Checo)

when the car is more understeering and not in his preferences, also Max is forced to drive more "V-style" in the corners, but when the car is pointy and he likes it he can be more "rounded" and get better exit speeds, viceversa Checo is suffering from this

f1isgood
f1isgood

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:03
f1isgood wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:00
Seemed checo was on the same strategy as Max today, given the double stack before the SC.

Checo gets 95% out of the car, he needs to find that extra few %% and get to clear cars ahead quickly, exactly like Max does. Max knows theres a overtake and he makes it happen. Quickly. Checo doesnt seem to have the pace Max does. If he finds that extra %%, he will have no trouble getting 1-2's each race.
Yeah this makes more sense. Also agree with @venkyhere.

Vettel165

Niki Lauda after Max won in Spain back in 2016.

organic

Ridiculous pitstops. 2 double stacks and every pitstop 2.1s or under :shock:

Last 2 races' pitstops

Japan - 2.1s, 2.1s, 2.1s, 2.0s
China - 2.1s, 2.0s, 1.9s, 2.0s

=D>
Last edited by organic on 21 Apr 2024, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:42
Ridiculous pitstops. 2 double stacks and every pitstop 2.1s or under :shock: :shock:
Consistency is key. The pitstops will generally be better this year since if I am not mistaken, Wheatley mentioned too many injuries of pit crew staff last year.

avantman
avantman

Vettel165 wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:38
Niki Lauda after Max won in Spain back in 2016.

https://postimg.cc/t7H2FQVj
nah, it's just newey.

Dunlay
Dunlay

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:20
Dunlay wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:16
Perez got to be the the worst driver in the best car. If not for Alonso, he would be finishing 5th. This is probably the start of him degrading after a good handful of early races, like it happens every year. If Ferrari makes some progress with their upgrades, he would be finishing behind both Ferraris consistently.
I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see any decline from earlier races. He was actually decent for the most part in the qualifying. In the race he was in a DRS train. When the opportunity appeared, he took it. Not a world beating drive, but not a drive to get fired over either.
He was rubbish today and ended a distant 3rd with a car that's miles ahead of McLaren.

avantman
avantman

how many miles? be precise.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Dunlay wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 12:45
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:20
Dunlay wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:16
Perez got to be the the worst driver in the best car. If not for Alonso, he would be finishing 5th. This is probably the start of him degrading after a good handful of early races, like it happens every year. If Ferrari makes some progress with their upgrades, he would be finishing behind both Ferraris consistently.
I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see any decline from earlier races. He was actually decent for the most part in the qualifying. In the race he was in a DRS train. When the opportunity appeared, he took it. Not a world beating drive, but not a drive to get fired over either.
He was rubbish today and ended a distant 3rd with a car that's miles ahead of McLaren.
I agree. Perez was emulating Hamilton's Saturday performance. Safety car badluck? Different setup? Excuses...
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

organic

One of the few weekends each year where the car is absolutely alive
Max
"I felt amazing. All weekend I think we were incredibly quick. It's just enjoyable to drive every single compound, the restarts I think we all survived that well.

The car was basically on rails, and I could do whatever I wanted to with it. Those kinds of weekends are of course amazing to feel and to achieve what we did this weekend is fantastic.”