2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum never fails to amaze :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

catent
catent

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 18:04
Ferrari has had inferior traction in all of the GPs so far. It's not a Chinese GP specific observation.
Inferior traction relative to whom?

Red Bull? Sure.

Aston? Yeah, but Ferrari clearly have a superior car to Aston, regardless.

McLaren? No, not that I can tell.

Mercedes? Maybe, but if so the difference is very marginal. Like the Aston comment above, Ferrari clearly have a superior car to Mercedes, regardless of low-speed traction.

Ferrari had the best traction of any team last season and that quality alone didn’t do much good in the context of race pace.

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
Ferrari has had inferior traction in all of the GPs so far. It's not a Chinese GP specific observation.
I don't know how you measure traction, I choose to look at when you put the throttle down, normally the driver without grip is going to be hesitant to put down power to not spin, and then obviously there's the acceleration part.

This is average lap in Jeddah for the whole race between LEC and VER. LEC is generally on throttle earlier than VER despite basically always braking later. So that car has good grip and traction and rotates very well. As far as acceleration goes, there's at least 1 case in which Ferrari is much slower in the corner at 3000m, but even before exit they are back to equal speed, another showing of good traction.

Again Australia SAI vs NOR, Ferrari generally brakes later and is back on the throttle at the same time or earlier. Corner at 4000m is pretty emblematic of this.

Even ignoring all of this and assuming they've had poor traction, they were still the best of the rest compared to RedBull, while in China they were much worse than the previous 0.3-4s worse than RBR down to 1s worse.

dialtone
dialtone

This is China hard tire stint, LEC v NOR.

LEC is slower to be full throttle in at least 2 of the traction areas (1000m out of T4, 3000m, even the last corner it's worse performance) and then it's still slower in fast corners like at 2000m. This is not like in Australia, the setup was wrong, it happens and it's solvable.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 18:30
In a positive way… right? :mrgreen:

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 18:40
AR3-GP wrote:
I don't know how you measure traction, I choose to look at when you put the throttle down, normally the driver without grip is going to be hesitant to put down power to not spin, and then obviously there's the acceleration part.

https://i.imgur.com/HF8eZS5.png

This is average lap in Jeddah for the whole race between LEC and VER. LEC is generally on throttle earlier than VER despite basically always braking later. So that car has good grip and traction and rotates very well. As far as acceleration goes, there's at least 1 case in which Ferrari is much slower in the corner at 3000m, but even before exit they are back to equal speed, another showing of good traction.

https://i.imgur.com/ps81JCX.png

Again Australia SAI vs NOR, Ferrari generally brakes later and is back on the throttle at the same time or earlier. Corner at 4000m is pretty emblematic of this.

Even ignoring all of this and assuming they've had poor traction, they were still the best of the rest compared to RedBull, while in China they were much worse than the previous 0.3-4s worse than RBR down to 1s worse.
Jeddah where Ferrari ran the barn door wing? Good comp.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Yeah, that’s my point, you may want to troll more accurately by catching up on the thread.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 21:44
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Yeah, that’s my point, you may want to troll more accurately by catching up on the thread.
Except for the part where all the top teams ran very similar wing levels in China but not in Jeddah. So if the traction was poor in China there'll be a different explanation.

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Cs98 wrote: Jeddah where Ferrari ran the barn door wing? Good comp.
Except for the part where all the top teams ran very similar wing levels in China but not in Jeddah. So if the traction was poor in China there'll be a different explanation.
Ok look…

Ferrari only has 1 wing spec so far, so the barn door you are talking about is the same.

If you think China has the same amount DF between Ferrari and the rest after looking at Fabrega pics, you need glasses.

In other words: read the thread.

Vanja #66

LM10 wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 20:30
Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 18:30
In a positive way… right? :mrgreen:
Everything that makes me laugh is positive :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

You lot are outspamming the McLaren thread. That has never happened around here before I believe :lol:

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 21:55
Cs98 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Ok look…

Ferrari only has 1 wing spec so far, so the barn door you are talking about is the same.

If you think China has the same amount DF between Ferrari and the rest after looking at Fabrega pics, you need glasses.

In other words: read the thread.
It's obviously relative to what others are running. The "barn door" at Jeddah is the equivalent to what the others were running in China. The top speed traces tell the full story. You've got about 10 laps at the end there where you can compare Sainz, Norris and Verstappen running in perfectly free air. Basically same speeds every lap. So unless we are arguing the Ferrari is inherently more draggy, they were running similar wing levels.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

I believe it to be entirely plausible that the Ferrari is less aerodynamically efficient than the RBR, hence RBR can run greater levels of wing. Hopefully the planned upgrades remedy this to some extent.

FDD
FDD

Crystal clear
"take care of the tires as much as possible and then maximize performance when the tires are ready"
Hoping that they will found receipt for faster tire heat-up and Imola update shall work and bring some improvement in that part also.
Think that they'll bring some new pieces in Miami, "smaller" ones of course.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Some are wanting to blame everything on tires which is far too simplistic. Certain aspects of the chinese circuit were simply not good for the Ferrari, epecially the T1-T2-T3 yin yang. Leclerc already suggested this after qualifying that Ferrari could not blame it all on the tires. Now Sainz says the same thing after the weekend. The pre-weekend simulations showed that some corners were going to be difficult.

"It's a track that I could see from the moment I tried it on the simulator that it would be difficult for our car. It just wasn't a good thing and we were slow all weekend."
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-sainz-da ... -faticato/